Before you begin your first therapy session, ensure you have activated and paired your Motive Device with your phone. If you haven’t done so, please review our set-up instructions on how to activate, register, and connect your Motive products.
At the beginning of each therapy session, you will rate your knee pain and set the intensity levels for your muscles:
1. Rate knee pain - This helps the MyMotive App track your progress over time. Using a sliding scale from 0 to 10, rate the level of pain you are currently experiencing in your knee. Remember, pain levels can vary from day to day.
2. Set therapy levels - You will set a level for your knee muscle and a level for your thigh muscle. For every session, the therapy level will begin at zero. Gradually increase the therapy levels until you feel a strong and comfortable flexing of your muscles. Levels range from 1-100, and everyone’s ideal level is unique.
Please note: You may have different knee and thigh levels, which may change with each therapy.
How do you find the correct level?
Increase the intensity levels until you feel and see movement as your knee and thigh muscles flex. The muscle contraction will feel like flexing and should not cause pain. Pins and needles or “buzzing” sensations are normal. You will feel less of this sensation as you increase the intensities and feel greater muscle flexing.
- Levels range from 1-100. There is no stimulation at Level 0.
- Intensity should be at the highest level that does not cause discomfort.
Everyone’s level is unique. You may not feel or see any muscle movement at lower intensities of 1 to 20. Continue to increase the intensity until you feel and see movement in the knee and thigh.
3. You are ready to begin - You are ready to start therapy once you have found the right therapy intensity levels!
- Click “Begin Therapy” to launch your therapy session.